Monday, October 13, 2008

Today

I've grown a little stale with my previous workout style. Not that it isn't awesome, but I get bored and need to mix it up every now and then. I'm switching to a little bit more of a traditional program, with a sprinkle of good old butt-whipping thrown in. I'm going to hit this plan for six to nine weeks.

Today:

Warm-up
Seated Calf Raises - 4 sets x 20 reps by 65# dumbbell on each knee
Standing Calf - 4 x 14 x 90
Military Press - 4 x 10 x 65
Bent Rows - 4 x 10 x 95 
Tabata-style Lateral DB raises/rows - 6 minutes
(Tabata style means doing intervals - 20 seconds of highest intensity, 10 seconds of rest. Do four minutes one exercise, then switch to the next. I messed up counting and ended up with six minutes instead)
DB Hammer Curls - 20 reps at 20 pounds, then immediately switch to next lowest DB, do 20 reps, continue until you've 'run the rack'.
 

No comments: