Tuesday, November 18, 2008

11/18/08

For Today:

Modified WOD

Today's WOD is a 1 rep by 7 set heavy day. Crossfit called for Push Jerks: I've never pushed jerked before, and only started practicing split jerks about a week ago. I warmed up by practicing the push jerk, but it's a little akward yet, so I subbed in the split jerk (less powerful movement than the push jerk), and was still able to get some good weight up while working my jerk form.

7 round split jerk:

105#
115#
115#
115#
115#
125#
125#

I could get a little heavier on this for sure, but I wanted to keep form up. I will practice some more of this as part of my warmup routine.

I also spent some time working on the dread squat: the overhead squat. My goal is to hit a bodyweight overhead. Them things are no joke, it will be a long road.

No comments: