Saturday, August 2, 2008

For Today

Fun for Today:

Warm-up:
5 minutes of moderate cardio
15 squats
15 shoulder presses with light dumb bells

Workout:
5 rounds for time of:
10 single-leg squats (10 per leg)
10 bench or box jumps
10 shoulder presses (as much weight as you can hit 10 times; you would ideally fail on #11)

Nick's Time: 19:25 with 55# shoulder presses.
I could have gotten away with 65# presses, but I was really trying to test the limits of my shoulder. Made it the whole way, no pain, no soreness, no problem. Next time I'll go 65#. Not sure what to label this workout. It's not Nietzsche hard, but definitely taxing. I just finished watching all 6 Rocky movies over the last 6 weeks or so, most of them for the first time. I'm a huge fan of the franchise now, (except for that lame dog Rocky V) so I think I'll start naming some workouts after Rocky characters. This lucky workout gets the moniker Apollo Creed.

Trust me, the Rocky Balboa is going to be painful once I invent it.

No comments: