Thursday, July 31, 2008

Heavy Metal

Sammy Hagar fans, rejoice. Heavy metal in the forecast for today. This is a strength building beauty here.

Warmup: 5 to 6 mins of moderate intensity cardio

Deadlift: Build to - 3 reps of all you can lift x 5 sets

Bench Press: Build to 3 reps of all you can lift x 5 sets

No time here, it's okay to take a couple of minutes between sets, you're trying to challenge limits of strength here, not endurance. Eat some serious food tonight.

Nick's Total Effort:
Deadlift: 225# x 3 + 245# x 3 + 255# x 3 + 265# x 3 + 265# x 3 = 3765 total poundage

Bench: 135 x 3 + 145 x 3 + 155 x 9 = 2235 total poundage.

I can't remember the equations for work and power, etc. I know if I had the time I could figure out either total work or power, or one of the two. I'll have to bust out the textbook. Now I have to go eat so I have some energy for softball tonight. I am working towards hitting 300# on the deadlift and 200# on the bench for this workout, it's nice to have this journal going so I can actually track myself a little easier now.

No comments: