...I think it means 'after the fact'. Been a while since any of my legal classes, so my Latin is rusty. I just wanted to post my Saturday workout in here, even though it's Monday and I am just starting this journal. It's a killer 50mn routine involving:
- A pushup/jump squat countdown
- A timed bicycle ride around Shakopee
The countdown is simple, brutal, simply brutal. Do this:
- 10 Pushups (do plyo-pushups for as long as you can: push off the ground explosively, clap hands in mid-air before returning to ground).
- 10 Jumpsquats
Rest for 10 seconds, then do 9 pushups, 9 jump squats. Rest for 10, then do 8 and 8, 7 and 7, etc. When you get to 5 pushup/5 jump squats, eliminate the rest and go right to 4 and 4, etc. Keep going until you get down to 0!
Do two rounds of this. I'm working towards three rounds, but right now two are sufficient to put me on the ground for a while.
-Follow the countdowns with a bike ride on a planned loop. Try to aim for about a 30-min ride, which is a good length to be able to push hard without totally killing yourself. TIME THE RIDE! Putting yourself on the clock and then trying to beat yourself the next time you go out is a great way to challenge and push yourself. I use a stopwatch in almost all of my workouts.
This combo is pretty tough, eat a solid meal the morning of and a solid meal afterwords. Try and keep it healthy, duh.
Cycle Time on 7/12/08: 32min 55sec, which topped my prior time of 34:06.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment