Saturday, July 19, 2008

For Today: Vertical Push/Pull

I really need to name some more of these workouts so that I can organize them more efficiently. For today's go round, I was originally going to do a plyo-pushup/jump squat countdown, but seeing as it still hurts to walk after Wednesday's fling, I switched up the schedule. Instead, do 5 rounds for time of:

10 Chinups
10 Dips

If you can't do 10 chinups or 10 dips for five rounds, use an assisted machine, or do negatives to help complete the required number of reps. A negative pullup is when you use a bench or partner to get into the 'pulled-up' position, and then you slowly lower yourself using a 5 count until your arms are extended. You can do the same with dips, starting in the extended position and then lowering yourself slowly using a 5 count.

Nick's Time: 15:07
I set the assited dip/pull machine at 80. I started out fast the first two rounds, but by the fourth round I had to split them into two sets of five with a rest in the middle. It was fairly strenous, I can hardly type this my hands are shaking so bad. The beauty of it: I'm on my way out of the gym after 20 minutes, and I still feel like I got a pretty strenuous workout in. I might follow it up with a bike ride or some cardio if my legs weren't so friggin' sore.

No comments: