Sorry, Thursday the 17th was a rest day. We were to friggin' sore from Wednesday's leg torture, plus we had to get our softball on. Yes, we are pathetically near-middle aged men re-living our childhood fantasy by acting like we own MLB on some softball field every Thursday night. It's awesome. We got killed again, which sucked.
Point being: It's possible but boring to stay in shape just by running, biking, and lifting weights. Playing a sport or two throughout the year gives you some competitive fitness and fun that can't be replicated. I play softball all summer and fall, and then I play volleyball year round.
Also, you should try learning or playing at least one new sport every year. Even if you don't stick with it forever, it's still good fun, and your fitness will benefit greatly from the new experience. This year I'm aiming to do some sort of martial art (Karate, Taekwondo, etc.), Hooverball, and maybe do some climbing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment